Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I've been here a couple times since the last dated post but obviously not successful in adding anything. I spent hours writing the story about the really cool "sign" I got from Hannah only to get interrupted then the autosave decided to crap out on me so only part of the story was posted. That was no good so I deleted it and will save it for another day.

Right now I have a nasty head cold with so much snot in my head I think my eyes are going to pop out of their sockets. I've been taking cold meds that I think aren't working anymore, been sucking on Halls and even bought some Vicks VapoRub to help me breathe and none of them can seem to break through the concrete wall of snot. I guess tonight I'll just sit and suffer until it's late enough to take the Nyquil! Waah waah piss moan I know...

Finally talked to Zach the other day. All kinds of issues with his Lupus going on. Seems his chemo treatments didn't go as well as hoped and giving him more of the same will compromise his bone marrow - not good! Now his Dr is consulting with another Dr about treatment using a drug called Rituximab or Rituxin. I read as much as I could find on it to find that it has some very scary side affects and of course needs more time and testing to see how long the treatment lasts and what the long term affects are. In the mean time, it may be what he needs to put him into remission. Added to that his dr's now want him to go see a head dr. Apparently Zach is experiencing some sort of neurological problems possibly due to the prednisone. I mean seriously enough is enough! It's hard not to overstress about it but he's my surviving child and I want him around for a very long time. Whoever came up with the adage "God doesn't give you more than you can handle" can go sit and rotate. I think that once you've suffered the loss of one child then the rest of your life should be one big "Get Out of Jail Free" card. 

I'm hoping this cold eases up by the weekend, I'm supposed to babysit my 3 y/o niece Mikayla. The last thing I want to do is give her this cold. Well, stay tuned dear friends and remember, this is just my humble opinion!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment